US Passports

Citizenship Lawyer NYC | Feiner & Lavy Law Firm

The passport is an internationally recognized travel document that verifies the identity and nationality of the person entering the country. A valid U.S. passport is required to enter and leave most foreign countries and only the U.S. Department of State has the authority to grant issue and verify United States passports.

New Application for U.S. Passport

Obtaining a passport for the first time, you need to go in person to one of over 9,000 passport acceptance facilities that are located throughout the United States with two photographs of yourself, proof of U.S. citizenship and a valid for of photo identification such as a driver’s license.

Passport Facilities:

The 1 Gateway City Agency serves customers who are traveling within two weeks or those who need foreign visas for travel. Appointments are required. For first-time passport applications, they must be done in person. Also, if your U.S. passport is not in your possession if your previous U.S. passport has expired and issued more than fifteen years ago, if your last passport was issued at the age of sixteen and under or if it has been lost or stolen.

If your passport has been, altered or damaged, you cannot apply by mail. You must apply in person.