Battered Spouse or Children/VAWA

Immigration for a Battered Spouse or Child

Violence Against Women Act

If you or your child has been the victim of domestic violence, battery or extreme cruelty and you do not have lawful permanent residence status, Feiner & Lavy P.C., Attorneys at Law can help. By documenting your case, we can petition for you and your children to lawfully remain in the United States. We have offered proven legal assistance for more than 40 years to help those with immigration troubles and stand ready to provide a high level of customer service to you and your family at reasonable fees.

If your abusive spouse is a lawful U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident and you rely on him or her to obtain legal residence of your own, there is a way to overcome the legalities of remaining in the country and be free of abuse. The Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) allows victims to independently seek lawful immigration status through a petition that is filed with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

There are specific requirements that make one eligible to file a petition to the USCIS under this act which one of our New York City immigration lawyers can discuss with you in detail.

New York City Immigration Attorney

Please realize that the situation is not without hope. There are numerous courses of action that can be taken to assist you during this very trying time. If you are currently mid deportation and removal procedures, cancellation of removal may be appropriate or a battered spouse or child waiver may be required. You may also qualify for a U-Visa.

Our attorneys work to aggressively defend your rights and fight for you to be able to remain in the United States. We feel that you deserve the best chance that you can get to a good life in this country and strive to do all in our power to help you achieve your immigration goals.

Contact a New York City immigration attorney for immediate assistance in petitioning to obtain permanent status without having to rely upon an abusive spouse.