The purpose of a green card marriage interview is to ensure that your marriage is not fraudulent. In a green card based on marriage interview the officer will ask you questions that perhaps only a spouse would know the answers to. There is no definitive set of interview questions — the possibilities are endless. If you are interviewed separately, you both may be asked personal questions and your answers will be compared for consistency.
Common questions include:
- Where and how did you first meet?
- Where did you go on your first date? US immigration officials do accept, however, than in some cultures dating does not occur before marriage, and they do not necessarily consider a marriage illegitimate simply because the couple did not date before marriage;
- Describe the circumstances under which you met each other’s parents;
- When is your spouse’s birthday?
- Where did your wedding take place?
- Where did you go for your honeymoon?
- When is your anniversary?
- What are the names of your spouse’s siblings?
- What is the name of your spouse’s best friend?
- What color is your spouse’s toothbrush?