What Type of Form Do I Need to Use for An Immigrant Visa?

What Type of Form Do I Need to Use for An Immigrant Visa?

There are two different forms that can be used to submit a petition for an immigrant visa. The first form is called a Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative. This form is used if you are currently a U.S. citizen or a lawful permanent resident who is seeking to establish their relationship with an eligible relative who wishes to obtain a Permanent Resident Card.

The other form that is used for an immigrant visa is a Form I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Workers. This form is used by employers to obtain an employment-based immigrant visa. It is crucial to use the correct immigrant visa form and to submit all of the required documentations in support of your petition. An Immigrant Visa I-130 Lawyer NYC can help you ensure that you are following all of the necessary requirements when you submit your petition.

Filing an I-130 Petition at a US Embassy or Consulate Abroad 

In the past, a petitioner was able to file an I-130 petition at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate.  This is not an option today and all I-130 petitions are filed with the USCIS

Your immigrant visa lawyer NYC will help you understand the filing process and can assist in filing the petition for your relative.