Parole in Place Lawyer NYC

Parole in Place Lawyer NYC | Feiner & Lavy Law Firm

Parole in place (PIP) is a temporary right to stay in the United States after an unlawful entry. As it is temporary, it is granted in one-year increments. If you are interested in learning more about how parole in place may help you, a Parole in Place Lawyer NYC can help.

Parole in place also allows non-citizen spouses, unmarried minor children, and parents of United States citizen members of the United States military who are in the United States after an unlawful entry to have a path to a United States green card that is unavailable to other individuals. With PIP, these individuals who already qualify for a green card due to a close family relationship can adjust status—meaning apply for a green card or lawful permanent residence without leaving the United States, despite their history of an illegal entry and stay into the country.

How Do I Know If I Am Eligible for a United States Green Card?

Before moving forward with an application to adjust status, you must first determine whether or not you are eligible. The PIP policy does not necessarily help every individual seeking a green card.

The first step in the eligibility process is to determine whether you fit into one of the categories of family members who are considered an immediate relative and may therefore be eligible. The immediate relative category includes a United States citizen’s spouse, or widow or widower, parent, or an unmarried child under the age of 21.

An immediate relative is eligible for a green card—however, they still must get through the application process. Parole in place can make that process easier.
In addition, the United States citizen of the immediate relative seeking PIP must be one of the following:

An active-duty member of the United States Armed Forces;

An individual in the Selected Reserve of the Ready Reserve; or

An individual who previously served on active duty or in the Selective Reserve of the Ready Reserve and was not dishonorably discharged.

You may be unsure of whether you are actually eligible for PIP. Speaking with a Parole in Place Lawyer NYC can help you understand your eligibility.

What Is the Process for Requesting Parole in Place?

Before you begin the process of requesting parole in place, it is a good idea to speak with a Parole in Place Lawyer NYC. The process can become complex, so hiring an experienced Parole in Place Lawyer NYC can help you navigate this process.

To get started with requested parole in place, the first step is submitting the required documents to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services office. There are different offices, so you must be sure to submit the documents to the office that has jurisdiction over your place of residence. In cases involving military families on assignment in a location different from their permanent place of residence, the request may be submitted to an office with jurisdiction over either of the locations.

The documents that must be included with your request for PIP include:

A completed Form I-131, Application for Travel Document (without the fee).
Be sure to handwrite “Military PIP” in Part 2 of this form rather than checking a box.

Documentation showing evidence of the close family relationship.

This documentation may include a marriage certificate, a birth certificate of a child, a birth certificate of the military member that shows the name of a parent, documentation of the termination of a previous marriage, or proof of enrollment in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS)

Evidence that the family member is either a current or former member of the U.S. Armed Forces.

Documentation may include a photocopy of both the front and the back of the service member’s military identification card, or you may include DD Form 214.

Two identical passport-style photographs of the non-citizen applicant in color.

Evidence of any other favorable discretionary factors that you would like USCIS to consider for your case.

It is very important to include all of the required documentation in your submission to request parole in place. A Parole in Place Lawyer NYC can help you make sure that you have included each required piece of documentation to help you get started with this process.

What Are the Next Steps After I Have Submitted My Application for Parole in Place?

After USCIS has received your application and had an opportunity to review it, you may be called in for an interview. In most cases, an interview will be short and may even take place at an intake window instead of an office.

If your case does require substantial information before a decision can be made, USCIS will conduct a more extensive interview. Meeting with a Parole in Place Lawyer NYC prior to your interview is typically a good idea.

What Do I Need to Do After I Have Obtained Approval of My Parole in Place?

After you have received the approval of your parole in place, the next step is to file an I-130 petition. This petition will need to be signed by a United States Citizen. You will also need to file an adjustment of the status application at the same time. When you file these documents, you should also include a copy of your parole-in-place approval notice that you received from USCIS. A Parole in Place Lawyer NYC can be extremely helpful, especially at this stage in the process, since your lawyer will be familiar with the filing process and can help you make sure that you include all of the documents that are required in order to be successful.

Do I Need to Hire A Lawyer to Request Parole in Place?

Although it is not a requirement to hire a lawyer to request parole in place, hiring a Parole in Place Lawyer NYC can be a major benefit. Your Parole in Place Lawyer NYC will have extensive knowledge about all stages in this process, including the next steps after you received approval.

The lawyers at Feiner & Lavy, P.C. can help you request parole in place and apply for a green card. Over the years, our lawyers have helped many individuals successfully achieve their immigration goals. Contact our office today to schedule a consultation with one of our lawyers to move forward with requesting parole in place.

Preguntas frecuentes

**Esto es información general y NO pretende ofrecer asesoramiento jurídico.