Battered Spouse or Children/VAWA

Immigration for a Battered Spouse or Child

la Ley sobre la violencia contra las mujeres

If you or your child has been the victim of domestic violence, battery or extreme cruelty and you do not have lawful permanent residence status, Feiner & Lavy P.C., Attorneys at Law can help. By documenting your case, we can petition for you and your children to lawfully remain in the United States. We have offered proven legal assistance for more than 40 years to help those with inmigración y estamos listos para proporcionar un alto nivel de servicio al cliente para usted y su familia a precios razonables.

If your abusive spouse is a lawful U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident and you rely on him or her to obtain legal residence of your own, there is a way to overcome the legalities of remaining in the country and be free of abuse. The Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) allows victims to independently seek lawful immigration status through a petition that is filed with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

There are specific requirements that make one eligible to file a petition to the USCIS under this act which one of our New York City immigration lawyers can discuss with you in detail.

abogado de inmigración de la ciudad de Nueva York

Please realize that the situation is not without hope. There are numerous courses of action that can be taken to assist you during this very trying time. If you are currently mid deportación y expulsión procedures, la cancelación de la expulsión may be appropriate or a battered spouse or child waiver un perdon puede ser necesario. Usted también puede calificar para una Visa U..

Nuestros abogados trabajan para defender agresivamente sus derechos y luchar para que usted pueda permanecer en los Estados Unidos. Creemos que usted merece la mejor oportunidad de tener una buena vida en este país y nos esforzamos por hacer todo lo que esté a nuestro alcance para ayudarle a lograr sus objetivos de inmigración.

Contact a New York City immigration attorney for immediate assistance in petitioning to obtain permanent status without having to rely upon an abusive spouse.